OHCO M8 Massage Chair
Ease Of Use
Considered to be the creme de la creme of Japanese Shiatsu massage chairs, the OHCO M.8 Elite massage chair incorporates world-class design with cutting-edge features, all aimed at delivering an experience that rivals the human touch. This ergonomic chair is perfect for those who are not on a budget, suffer from chronic pain, or want to relieve severe stress and anxiety.
- 1 OHCO M8 Massage Chair
- 2 OHCO M8 Massage Chair Design Overview
- 3 OHCO Massage Chair Features
- 4 Dreamwave M.8 Massage Options + Massage Techniques
- 5 OHCO M8 Luxury Massage Chair Programs
- 6 Dreamwave M.8 Massage Chair Accessories
- 7 OHCO M.8 Elite vs. LE (limited edition)
- 8 OHCO M.8 vs. Inada Dreamwave
- 9 OHCO M8 Luxury Massage Chair Pros vs. Cons
- 10 Conclusion of Our OHCO M8 Review
Imagine coming home from a long day at work and immediately sinking…no, melting into a state of absolute bliss. To leave life’s stresses behind and soothe those tired muscles is the dream. But does this exist?
Perhaps it does…
Meet the Dreamwave M.8 Elite massage chair, re-branded as OHCO. Read our OHCO M8 review, and discover the impressive features and therapeutic benefits of this luxury recliner. We cover it all!
OHCO M8 Massage Chair Design Overview
The humble massage chair has come a long way from the vibrating chair that you waste quarters on at the mall, evolving into a symbol of technological ingenuity and luxury.
The OHCO M8 is the brainchild of legendary Ferrari and Maserati designer, Ken Okuyama, with massage programs choreographed by Japanese Shiatsu master Okabayashi Sensei.
The futuristic shape doesn’t stand out as a bulky monstrosity in your living room. Instead, it’s appealing to look at and is a definite conversation starter as soon as a guest enters your home.
The dimensions of this chair are 60” x 36” x 49,” and it weighs 364 lbs. In other words, this is a massive chair, so small apartment owners beware.
Despite its size, you’ll be pleasantly surprised at how closely the Dreamwave M8 hugs walls. It will pivot on its base while reclining fully, only needing a 6.25” of clearance to fit effortlessly in any space.
The weight limit of the OCHO M8 is 265 pounds, with a seat that is 17.5” wide and 21” deep. We think here in our OHCO M8 review that these dimensions are restricting at best, and do not accommodate large-sized or tall individuals.
Let’s look a bit more closely at this full-body Shiatsu chair design.
The M8 Massage Chair Offers Flexible Reclining
The possibilities are endless with the OHCO M8 massage chair, as far as reclining goes. Touted as an infinite position recliner, the seat reclines between 120° and 165° from the floor, giving you complete control to lay back and relax the way you see fit.
Slide-in Car Door Entry
No, you don’t have to hurdle over the Dreamwave M8 with your bad back. Okuyama put his creative touch (and Ferrari experience) into this chair by designing doors that swing open and out from each side of the chair– just like a car.
This allows anyone to slide in and out with ease, especially for seniors or those who suffer from chronic pain.
Knead & Stretch Headrest
The specialized headrest of the Dreamwave M.8 4d massage chair is a mastermind in itself. It couples roller-induced movements with a cervical air massage that will soothe away neck tension while releasing pressure in the upper spine.
This rejuvenating combo facilitates blood circulation throughout the body, increasing overall mobility and relieving pain.
Still with us in this OHCO massage chair review? Now for the juicy stuff…
OHCO Massage Chair Features
What sets the M8 massage chair apart from the rest? For one, it offers users a treasure trove of features and customizable options.
It’s everything you’d expect from a recliner that costs as much as a used car….seriously. Many high-end massage chairs dazzle with a bunch of features, but do these features deliver a transcendent experience?
That’s where OHCO takes it to the next level. This brand combines modern therapeutic concepts with cutting-edge technological magic of its own to create a luxury massage chair that promises: “This price tag is worth every penny”.
Without further ado, let’s breakdown the OHCO chair features.
1. 3D/4D MaxTrack & DeltaWave
With an astonishing 49” roller system powered by OHCO’s Sens8 engine, the goal of this chair is to deliver a massage that feels as lifelike as possible.
As 3D rollers travel along with the L-track kneading, tapping, and rolling, the entire spine is massaged as well as the glutes. Meanwhile, the 4D rollers adjust the speed and rhythmaccording to the massage program in play, just like human hands.
Some M8 reviews mention that when set to the highest intensity level, it felt mild to moderate at best, which may be disappointing for those who enjoy strong kneading. Others mentioned that the intensity was moderate to strong in the upper/mid-back.
To be honest, the MaxTrack isn’t what makes this system stand out- there are plenty of other chairs that offer a similar 4D experience. But what they can’t do that the OHCO M8 chair can do is administer a massage at any recline angle.
This is a game-changer because limited reclining ultimately limits comfort, which may not work for some, depending on their physical needs.
2. Dreamwave M8 Inversion + Zero Gravity
This is one of the few massage recliners on the market that offers cutting-edge Inversion Therapy. But what is it?
- One-Touch Inversion Therapy: Studies suggest that being held upside down releases gravity-induced pressure from the nerves and discs in the spine. This gently pushes apart vertebrae to relieve back pain, compressed discs, and sciatica pain.
- Zero Gravity Seating: This NASA-inspired concept places the body at an angle with the knees elevated above the heart. This results in a feeling of weightlessness believed to offer a bevy of therapeutic benefits, particularly for people who are recovering from a medical procedure.
3. OHCO M8 Massage Chair Body AutoScan + Roller Adjustment
Body scanning is not a new technology, but it’s rare to find one that is consistently accurate. The OHCO chair delivers, and it’s one of the features that is a testament to its superior quality.
As soon as you sit down, a body scan is initiated, and the rollers automatically adjust according to your Shiatsu points (neck, back, seat) for a personalized massage program.
If the body scan is a little bit off, it can be corrected manually by using the remote controller.
4. Full Body Heating
By increasing the temperature during a massage, your muscles are further soothed and relaxed. Heat increases blood circulation and helps initiate the healing process for damaged tissue.
The M8’s heated rollers ensure that you can apply heat anywhere you want, as each element is independently controlled by you. There’s even a heating element for the palms and feet.
While heating is available with other chairs, the ability to control where heat is applied is unique to the M8 chair.
Dreamwave M.8 Massage Options + Massage Techniques
As much as the OCHO M8 massage chair tantalizes us with its features, we were surprised to learn that it doesn’t offer as many massage options as other luxury recliners.
It covers the basics:
- Knead/Tap Combination
But only one advanced massage technique? What about a Thai massage or a Swedish massage? You’d think a chair of this caliber would have more choices, especially for the price.
There are a couple of convenient tools that let you customize, such as….
The Dreamwave M.8 does come with a self-timer so you can customize your session from 10-30 mins.
Link Your Massage Routines
If you can’t choose between the routines, you can link them together to create a personalized session that lasts 35-45 minutes. This is a feature you won’t find with many chairs and allows you to fully relax without having to jolt back to reality to start a new routine every few minutes.
OHCO M8 Luxury Massage Chair Programs
To achieve the most life-like massage, you need the guidance of a Shiatsu master. Every little movement was carefully choreographed to mimic the exact movements of Shiatsu master Okabayashi Sensei.
You get 14 pre-programmed massage options with the OHCO M8 massage chair. The speed and intensity levels are fully customizable.
- Quick: a body refresher that gives you a taste of all the basic features when you need a pick-me-up.
- Full Body: Expertly developed Shiatsu to improve blood circulation, increase mobility, and loosen stiff muscles. Mobilizes the neck, shoulders, and back.
- Float: A DreamWave original, this massage uses a figure-eight technique to rock the hips and thighs, balancing the body and mind.
- Unwind: Slows things, brings you back to the present, and ushers in relaxation.
- Stress Relief: Busy day? This massage targets the brain with repetitive, dance-like movements that release stress.
- Stretch: Releases tension and mobilizes the neck, shoulders, and back for healthy extension and improved alignment.
- Morning: Long night? This massage revitalizes the mind and gets the blood flowing to jumpstart your day.
- Night: If your body is tired but your brain won’t let you sleep, this easygoing movement pattern calms the mind and lulls you to sleep.
- Sports Recovery: Best to soothe sore, tired muscles after intense sports or exercise.
- Neck and Shoulders: A focused session targeting the neck, shoulders, and upper back with a variety of kneading patterns.
- Low Back: Uses a series of tapping movements to release tension in the lumbar area and hips.
- Glutes: This lets you customize options to target tension and soreness in the back, glutes, and thighs.
- Feet and Calves: Uses TheraElliptical technology to apply compression while kneading. Rollers are located in each leg port specifically to target the calves and reflexology points.
- Air massage: see below
Full Body Air Massage
This is a special massage program that provides a head-to-toe massage with 48 airbags strategically located throughout the chair.
Not everyone wants an intense massage. The air massage offers a lighter alternative that makes it feel like you’re floating away on a cloud.
OHCO once more gives you total control with a zone controller that lets you isolate certain body parts and tweak the level of intensity.
Bear in mind that other chairs may boast larger airbags, but OHCO proves that size doesn’t necessarily matter if placement and implementation are on point.
The airbags are located in the following areas:
- Arms (forearms)
- Upper arms
Dreamwave M.8 Massage Chair Accessories
Luxury is the name of the game, and Dreamwave M8 delivers two-fold with exemplary add-ons that serve to further enhance your experience and whisk you away to a world of tranquility.
- The Smart LED lights sense your approach and illuminate a pathway to the chair.
- Chromotherapy shines soft, different colored LED lights to soothe the mind.
- The Air Ionizer in the headrest kisses your skin with a soft cooling breeze during your massage.
- The Built-in Diffuser lets you add a few drops of your favorite essential oils for an aromatherapy session.
- The USB charging port lets you plug in your phone or tablet for music.
- The Slot Holder is convenient to store your remote or phone.
- Built-in Bluetooth Speakers connect to your smart device for enhanced sound quality.
- A White Noise Fan in the headrest blocks out any unexpected noises and ushers in a state of calm.
OHCO M.8 Elite vs. LE (limited edition)
OHCO offers 2 different models in the M8-series. One is the OHCO M.8 Elite and the more expensive option is the OHCO M.8 LE (limited edition).
There are virtually no major differences between these two massage chairs. With both, you’ll get the same sleek design, cutting-edge technology, and 14 massage programs.
There are a couple of differences, one being the number of colors to choose from. The M.8 offers 5 colors, which include Bordeaux, Saddle, Pearl, Walnut, and Midnight. The M.8 LE only offers 3 in comparison, including Bordeaux, Saddle, and Rosso Nero.
Another difference is in the upholstery. The M.8 is upholstered in synthetic leather, while the Dreamwave M8 LE uses genuine leather with a layer of Toray UltraSuede.
The final difference is that with the M.8 LE, you get a certificate signed by the designer Ken Okuyama. The LE is a collector’s item with a limited number being manufactured. You can pay the lower price for the M.8 andstill enjoy the same features and benefits.
OHCO M.8 vs. Inada Dreamwave
Before the M-series re-branded as OHCO, the Inada Dreamwave reigned supreme in the land of ergonomic recliners.
Designed by the reputable Inada family in Japan, it boasts the same meticulous attention to detail, elegance, and a mind-boggling array of features that don’t skimp on quality.
In short, the Inada Dreamwave is an excellent massage chair that offers 16 massage programs (as opposed to the M.8’s 14 program selection), but the M.8 does have more to offer in terms of features.
Difference 1: The Massage Track
The Inada features the S-track, which follows the curve of the spine, stopping at the base of the back.
The OHCO M8 features the L-track, which not only includes the S curve along the spine but extends below the seat to massage the entire buttocks region.
Difference 2: The Heating Element
The M.8 applies heat from head to toe, and it also lets users independently control the temperature for each region.
The Inada Dreamwave does offer heating elements, but not all regions of the body are covered and you can’t adjust the settings.
Difference 3: Accessories
OHCO thought of everything for the M8, even the little indulgent details such as Bluetooth speakers and chromotherapy lighting. The Inada Dreamwave does not offer either.
Difference 4: Space-saving Technology
One of the most innovative features of the M8 is the wall-hugging technology that needs only 6.25” of clearance between a wall and the back of the chair.
With the Inada Dreamwave, you need at least 16” of clearance to recline fully, which can be inconvenient.
Both of these chairs are state-of-the-art, and you’ll benefit from the therapeutic benefits they offer with a great variety of massage programs. The Inada Dreamwave is slightly less expensive than the M8, but you get a shorter massage track and less customization.
OHCO M8 Luxury Massage Chair Pros vs. Cons
- MaxTrack can give a massage at any recline angle
- Easy slide-in car door entry on either side
- Full body heating with adjustable temperature
- Air ionizer & white noise fan
- Inversion Therapy and Zero-G seating
- Bluetooth speakers
- 4D massage feels like human hands
- OHCO massage chair price- very expensive, out of reach for some
- Limited weight capacity may not be suitable for large-sized people
- Limited advanced massage techniques offered
- It may not feel intense enough for some, even at the highest setting
Overall,the pros outweigh the cons. The Dreamwave massage chair m8 offers the most cutting-edge technology on the market, as well as going a step further to give users more flexibility with the settings.
From Zero gravity seating to the unique ability to recline at any angle during a massage, this chair is designed to adjust to your physical needs and fuse professional experience with your level of comfort.
The little details make a difference, too. With additions such as the soft chromotherapy lights, essential oil diffuser, and air ionizer, you’re not just getting a massage- you’re engulfing all of the senses to feel as relaxed as possible.
There are a few drawbacks. This chair wasn’t made for “every body”- as in it won’t fit a larger or taller body. So if you weigh over 265 lbs, you might want to consider a different chair like the Human Touch Super Novo, which fits someone up to 6’9” tall and weighing 285 lbs.
As far as ease of use goes, there is a learning curve with the M.8. The LED display screen is easier on the eyes as opposed to a bunch of buttons and symbols, but there are so many customization options and plenty of programs to get used to.
A Word on the Ohco Massage Chair Warranty & After Sales Service
Buying a massage chair of this caliber is a big (expensive) decision. OHCO takes this into consideration by offering customers a 3-year limited warranty on all OHCO chairs and a 5 year extended warranty. These warranties include on-site service, parts, and labor.
Conclusion of Our OHCO M8 Review
If you suffer from chronic back and neck pain, are on your feet all day, or need to de-stress, then the OHCO M.8 and M.8 LE will service you from head to toe with outstanding quality. It is designed to mimic the feel of human hands, with advanced technology that lets you adjust the intensity, speed, and heat more so than with other chairs.
The design is sleek, and though very heavy, will hug any wall at full recline. It’s a fine piece of furniture and will even light up when it senses your approach- just don’t exceed the 265 lbs weight limit.
To conclude this OHCO M8 review, the price of this recliner is hefty. If budget is not an issue, then it is well worth the value. You’ll reach that after-work Nirvana with the push of a button, and come back to reality feeling intensely relaxed.
References & Resources:
- OHCO, Official Brand Website.
- OHCO M8 Massage Chair User Manual.
- 9 Essential Features That a Massage Chair Must Have Before Buying One, The Good Men Project.
- Massage Chair Sessions: Favorable Effects on Ambulatory Cancer Center Nurses’ Perceived Level of Stress, Blood Pressure, and Heart Rate, Clinical Journal of Oncology Nursing.
- Measuring the Feasibility and the Effects of Chair Massage on Pain and Discomfort in the Cardiac Sonographer, ClinicalTrials.gov.