Our Top Picks - Best Hunting Knife Blade Blanks 2023
Damascus Tracker Blade
Damascus Hunting Blade
Chippewa Gut Hook
Damascus Gut Hook
Bowie Knife Blade
Hunting Knife Blade
- 1 Our Top Picks - Best Hunting Knife Blade Blanks 2023
- 2 Winner - Damascus Tracker Blade Blank by Whole Earth Supply
- 3 Damascus Hunting Blade Blank by Whole Earth Supply
- 4 Condor Kephart Silver Blade Blank
- 5 Chippewa Gut Hook Skinning Knife Blade Blank by Premium S Series
- 6 Damascus Gut Hook Skinning Knife Blade Blank by Whole Earth Supply
- 7 Bowie Knife Blade Blank by Knife Blanks
- 8 Hunting Knife Blade Blank by Szco
- 9 Final thoughts on Hunting Knife Blade Blanks
Making your own hunting knife can be a very satisfying project, but few of us have the ability nor the desire to forge a blade. An alternative then is to start with
a hunting knife blade blank, customizing it with the perfect handle to compliment your intended use and your aesthetic ideal.
We’ve assembled a number of hunting knife blanks in different designs and compositions to give you an idea of the variety that is out there. The only thing left for you to do is choose the perfect design and composition type for your perfect DIY hunting knife and get to work creating a handle to match your vision.
Depending upon the complexity of your design and the material you choose for the handle, this is a project that you can complete in less than a week -including the time necessary for all epoxy to dry. Our top pick is the Tracker Blade Blank in Damascus Steel, which we'll explain right away.
Final thoughts on Hunting Knife Blade Blanks
This is just a sampling of the variety of hunting knife blade blanks that are available. Each needs only to be fitted with scales to make a handle.
Our favorite is the Damascus Tracker Blade Blank by Whole Earth Supply. It has a highly versatile design that lends itself well to general hunting as well as bushcraft. Plus, we'd be amiss not to admit that we've got a soft spot for Damascus steel. It has great durability, holds an edge, and has an amazing look for a great one of a kind knife.
As far as handles go, you could use bone, antler, wood, or even stone to create a unique handle that fits your hand perfectly. Making your own hunting knife is a great way to pass the time while you wait for the next hunting season to come around. It can also make a great gift or side income if you’re looking for ways to make further support your wilderness lifestyle.
Reference and Resources
- Whole Earth Supply, Official Brand Website.
- Condor Tool & Knife, Official Brand Website.
- Premium S Series, Official Brand Website.
- Knifemaking, Official Brand Website.
- SZCO Supplies, Official Brand Website.
- Hunting and Skinning Knife, Types and Uses, Hunter Blades.
- Advantages & Disadvantages of High Carbon Steel Kitchen Knives, Hunker.
- The Pros and Cons of Stainless vs. High Carbon Steel Knife Blades, Knife Works.