Our Top Picks - Best Crawl Space Ventilator With Humidistat In 2021
Durablow MFB M2D
- 1 Our Top Picks - Best Crawl Space Ventilator With Humidistat In 2021
- 2 Ventilator With Humidistat Reviews
- 3 Winner - Tjernlund V2D Crawl Space Ventilator
- 4 Durablow MFB M2D
- 5 Crawl Space Ventilators without Humidistat
- 6 What Is The Best Crawl Space Ventilator with Humidistat 2021?
You might be wondering why on earth crawl spaces get damp and humid, and therefore, why you’d even need a crawl space ventilator with humidistat or a crawl space dehumidifier to solve the problem. The short answer is, the seventies happened. The longer answer is that in the seventies, we began building homes with central AC systems. This had the unintended side effect of changing the average humidity of the crawl spaces in our homes.
Prior to the seventies, the only thing you needed to worry about was “freshening up the air” in the crawl spaces of your home, because the humidity level tended to be the same or very close to the same as the level in the rest of your house. The only thing you really had to worry about was the stale smell that a room or space with no significant air flow go, but the advent of central air changed that.
So which is better for your home’s crawl spaces, a dehumidifier or a crawl space ventilator with a humidistat? The answer is, it depends. Dehumidifiers are the way to go if you have a very large crawl space to contend with, and are most concerned about total system efficiency. A crawl space ventilator can work for you, though, under the right circumstances.
- First, if you’re dealing with a fairly small, enclosed space. That’s important because ventilator fans tend to be effective over a much smaller area than dehumidifiers, so if you have a large space that you’re working with, you’ll need several fans, where a single dehumidifier would do the job.
- The second big consideration is the noise factor. Ventilator fans tend to be noisier than dehumidifiers. That may not matter to you, because we’re talking about crawl spaces after all, and it’s not like you’re going to be spending any more time in them than you have to, but the bottom line is, if the crawl space is, say, right under your bedroom, the noise factor could be a big deal.
Ventilator With Humidistat Reviews
With those two caveats in mind, let’s take a look at some good quality ventilator fans to see if there’s one that’s right for you.
Crawl Space Ventilators without Humidistat
What Is The Best Crawl Space Ventilator with Humidistat 2021?
Whichever way you go, and whatever crawl space ventilator you choose, be sure to get one with a built-in humidistat. That’s the most crucial feature when considering making the purchase, with everything else being a somewhat distant second.
There aren’t many crawl space ventilators with humidistats on the market, so both the Tjernlund Crawl Space Ventilator and the Durablow Crawl Space Ventilator basically have it cornered, but they are both excellent choices. Tjernlund's excellent customer support reputation made us tip the balance for it to make it our top pick.